Functions of Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department are as under:
1. Health management, planning and policy
2. Policy matters relating to guidelines regarding:
4. Control of medicinal drugs, poisons and dangerous drugs (Drugs Act 1976 and Punjab Drug Rules 2011.
5. Collection, compilation, registration and analysis of vital health statistics and estimation of population for future projections
6. Matters relating to Nursing:
Administrative control of the entire nursing cadre in the Province in respect of those working under the provincial Health department or in the teaching hospitals
7. Preparation of development schemes, budget, schedule of new expenditure and ADP proposals
8. Budget, accounts and audit matters
9. Purchase of stores and capital goods for the department
10. Service matters except those entrusted to Services and General Administration Department
11. Administration of the following laws and the rules framed there-under:
12. Matters incidental and ancillary to the above subjects.
13. Matters incidental and ancillary to the above subjects.